Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Swimming




A couple of weekends ago we went to Arizona for a Family Reunion. It was the first time Jude went for a swim. The water was pretty cold so he didn't last long...but he does love the water! He loves bath time, especially if I get in with him...he thinks it is so funny!! He is doing much better at night...I hope it lasts!!

Cole just came home from his first tour(since the baby) and it was so HARD! It's times like these I don't know how you single moms do it! Kudos to you!! Cole was down in Texas the same time we went to Arizona ..so it was a little better, as far as time goes. Cole is getting ready to go on another tour...I will have to think of new fun things to do with Jude to keep us busy and so the time will go by faster!! Hopefully it will get warmer! One can only hope!

As for me...I am still trying to figure out how to be a mommy and a wife. It is a tricky balance...let's not forget trying to find me time as well! Luckily I have a wonderful husband that makes me leave the house so I can be sain!  I think that it will take a while to be me again! I will say this...one of the hardest things is everyone thinks they know my baby better then i do...I am sure every mother could agree with me on how hard it is with ALL of the advise (and thousands of contradicting ones) can get overwhelming! I finally decided to do what I think and not care what everyone else has to say! Can you tell I am bugged? It is nice to hear their stories..but PLEASE don't tell me what I am doing wrong..it just makes me feel like a bad mother. Am I the only one that gets this way? Maybe. O well I am glad that I have my little munchkin! He is what makes my world go round. I really don't know how I ever lived without him!??

13 comments:

Barnson Family said...

Hey- looks like you guys are having fun! Yeah- I know what you mean- I've come to the conclusion that I don't care what other people think- if they don't like it then don't come around! Pretty sure I AM THE MOM and thats IT! I was entrusted with these two blessings and if HE didn't think I was capable of doing it then I wouldn't have received them! Ya know?!?!? So don't feel bad I think everyone goes through this you just have to move past it and try not to take it personal- ( I am still working on it everyday!) But you know your baby better then anyone else so don't forget that!
Having your husband away is really hard (I know) but as soon as you can get into a routine and stay busy it gets EASIER! Hope all is going well. Hope to see you all soon and tell Jude to stop growing! He's getting stinkin huge!

Hey you guys coming down for Easter??

Love Ya
Amber

Barnson Family said...

Oh yeah one more thing! Where did you end up finding socks that fit Jude when he was born? I have SO many different kinds and NONE of them work! Her feet are too long and skinny and they wont stay on! I remember you said you finally found some but I cant remember where you said!
Thanks
Amber

Ruth said...

Hey, thanks for sharing those feelings. It's fun to see how life is for you. Sorry you're so bugged. I'll try to remember to keep my advice to a minimum. :)

So when does Cole leave? Where's he going? And how's Jude on his new formula?

Annalyn said...

Hey - you need to come and visit us when Cole is away! Joseph is gone this week - it's always a little challenging when the fun dad is away! I'm glad you are doing well with little Jude, he is lucky to have such a great mom!!

Cory & Alli said...

Cute pictures! Next time Cole is gone, call me sometime! Cory is always busy, and I could use some baby practice!

Devin, Abby, and Grady said...

He is so cute. I really want to see you! Devin said he saw you on the plane... crazy! Jude is adorable and Devin made sure to tell me that he's even more adorable in real life... So I think it's time to see him! :-)

The Beckstrands said...

You know that I feel that same way... I have only told you that about a million times... You probably got sick of me complaining about it... but I can definitely relate! I'm sorry! I'm glad you are just going to do what you think is best... you are the mommy after all!!! And I'm sure you are doing AWESOME!!! I wish that I was there! I am going to call you tonight! I miss you SO much! I want you to come visit! We need to figure out when you can! I love you!

Dianna said...

Hey you,

The best advise I ever got was from my friend who told me the I am the Mother. I know what is best for my child. Just always listen to your motherly intution! Once you take that advise then everything is better. No one knows Jude better then you, I promise!!!
For those that give advise, just nod and move on!

Alisha Johnson said...

I love your new swimming suit! =) Jude is a little stud as always. I think every mother can relate to what you're going through. It is SO tough to deal with! I learned that it doesn't hurt to listen to others or ask questions - exactly what you're doing - but in the end, you are the mom and YOU make the final decisions. You are an amazing mom Bekah. Way to be strong!

BAWC said...

looks like a fun trip. i have learned to just blow off what others say about your parenting. you know your little man the best!

Tawna said...

Cute Cute Jude!! I'm sorry you are frustrated with everyone giving you advice. I think everyone just wants to help..not tell you what to do! You do know what is best and you know your baby better than anyone...Just remember...YOU are the mom!! Let the rest just roll off your back!

Jenn said...

Looks like you had fun in Arizona. I want it to be warm so bad. Then we can get together with the kids. Jude is growing like a weed. He's so cute!

Chita said...

HI Bekah: I think you're doing a fantastic job as a mom. Look how happy he looks all the time. Even your mom told me what a good mother you are. Keep up the good work. I can hardly wait to see him.