Sunday, December 14, 2008

To the MOM's

Okay, So I can't believe that it is time to PACK MY BAGS!! Hip hip hooray!! So I need some help because I know those of you who have done this know a thing or two about what you really need and what you could do with out. Here is what I am planning to pack, please leave a comment to help me if I forgot something or if you forgot something and wished you had it....

Bekah: Robe, slippers, nursing pads, nursing bra, breast-feeding book, shampoo, conditioner, face wash, toothpaste, toothbrush, make-up, extra contact with case and solution, glasses, relaxation cd, massage oil (for Cole to relax me), hair band, list of phone numbers, colored pillows (so i can tell them apart from hospital white pillows), camera, video camera

Jude: a few outfits to bring him home in, hat, blankets, snuggly (for car seat), baby book, outift for pictures
*I know they provide diapers, wipes

Anyway Cole and I went to a late pregnancy class yesterday....here is how i feel about the whole thing;
terrified, nervous, want to be prepared, expecting 10 hour labor, sorry for those in the room, excited, let's get it over with, maybe jude should just stay in......ha ha ha! Seriously though...WOW

9 comments:

Rachael said...

One thing I had to send Jeral out to get was nipple cream!! ouch!!

Tawna said...

I don't think you will need the nursing pads. Your milk doesn't come in for a few days after the baby is born. I was told that and took them anyway...didn't need them at the hospital :) I should have listened.

Derek said not to take the nursing book because there will be nurses there to help you...but do what you think is best.

I personally wouldn't take the slippers or the robe. You will be in your gown the whole time...and I honestly don't think I left the room until we were going home..but thats me. You may feel wonderful and feel like getting out of bed and going for a walk. I made Derek get everything so I could sit there and relax. But thats just me. You might want them..who knows :)

Ruth said...

Sounds like you've got it covered. You might want to look at my friend's blog regarding the same question and advice. It's the "Steph" link on mine. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

It's been so long that I couldn't possibly remember what to take, but, it sounds like you're on top of everything. I am soooo excited for you guys. Your baby is going to be SO FREAKIN' BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait for his debut on your blog! Good luck and try to enjoy the whole experience...it's a miracle, afterall:-))

Annalyn said...

Hi - I remember back when I had Annalynl...she was early remember, and I wasn't prepared at all!!! It sounds like you have everything covered. I would take robe and slippers...they like you to get up and do some walking sometimes, and I like to put on my own robe so I didn't feel so frumpy, you know! Anyway, you are going to do great! And, I sure in a couple of weeks, you'll just want him to come no matter how nervous you are. Funny thing though, I really think that Isaac was late because mentally I was not ready for number two!! Anyway, have a good week.

Maria said...

I think you have everything covered. I took a lot of clothes and didn't wear any of them until the day I went home. I was in the gown most of the time. I had some nursing tanks which were really nice. Also, I would suggest taking one outfit that is preemie size, Logan was 7 lbs 1 oz and was swimming in his newborn sized outfit. Also, I would take a camera (I can't remember if you listed that). Oh, and very important...a Boppy. Or at least a couple of extra pillows. I only had one pillow and it was behind my head the whole time. At the hospital the pillows they give you are really slippery and they don't stay in place when you are trying to nurse. If I were you, I would pack two bags one with the essentials (a change of clothes and toiletries) for you and the baby and then another with the books and extras. Then you won't be fishing through and over-stuffed bag to try to find the things you really need. I think that no matter how hard you try, you will end up taking some things you don't need and forgetting others. Don't sweat it though. You will have a ton of people who want to help you out and will get you whatever you need. Oh, one more thing...take some snacks for Cole during labor. If it takes a while he may get hungry and the hospital usually doesn't feed the dad and he may not want to leave to go to a vending machine. Geez that was a mouthful. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Barnson Family said...

Lets see- I didnt have a bag pre-packed when I had Gracie, but I hurried and packed one right before we went to the Hospital, but I did forget a few things. Socks for me and her and her Onsie to bring her home in- The one the Hospital had her in was a 12 month size and it was HUGE on her! I would totally take a robe and slippers. I was able to get into regular clothes as soon as I could shower which was the next morning and I did go for walks too and it would have been nice to be in regular clothes! I know that I delivered in Vegas but I would still have a packed diaper bag with diapers and wipes in the car because I left the Hospital empty handed and we had to stop and buy some on our way home because she pooped!! Also you wont need these for the Hospital but I had to send Trevor out for some when we got home, the rubbing alcohol swabs for their belly button- they may give you some they may not I just remember that I had to buy some! Oh Ya I have the horse thing and Ill be at my Moms all day just call me! I have to go charge my phone in my car but Ill do it tonight! Good Luck!
Love ya
Amber

Alisha Johnson said...

It sounds like you are set! Really, very prepared! Make sure you bring nipple cream like Rachael said. They do give you some at the hospital if you ask, but they charge you. =) Bring your journal to record everything! That's a must. Oh, and Brian and I watched a movie one night that we rented from the hospital, so maybe you could bring one of your own? They didn't have a great selection. Good luck! You'll do awesome. I have your present now! I don't know if you want it now, or maybe just on the 23rd if I don't see you before then?

Mike and Alyse Swenson said...

How exciting!!! Let's see.... what to bring. My ideas are pretty close to Tawna's. I took slippers, robe, blah blah and didn't even touch any of it. I did use my socks though. I didn't take nursing pads because like everyone else said it takes a few days for your milk to come in. Someone told me to take chapstick and I was soooo grateful!!! The Bobby is a fabulous idea if you plan to nurse. I don't know where you are delivering, but I was at St. Marks and when we left they stocked me with everything!!!! They were so great! They gave me a couple of packs of newborn diapers and one pack of size ones, wipes, supplies I needed for the aftermath (it is so fun... haha no it isn't that bad) etc etc. So see if they will hook you up! Also, take advantage of your nurses!!! They can be fabulous and can really help out a ton. If you plan to nurse, make sure you visit the lactation specialist! I would suggest trying to do that the day you go home, then you will have a little more "experience" to lean on when you are trying to get help and ask questions. Lastly, just go with an open mind and enjoy every minute of this amazing experience you are about to have! Good luck!