o in the past couple of weeks our lives have dramatically changed....we play the game "Where in the world is Daddy??" Poor Cole has picked up yet another job so we can afford to live here!
Cole:
Set Masters 7-4, five days a week
Lucky 5-9, three days a week
Kid Theodore..practice three times a week, gigs four times a month
Bekah:
27 days out of the month stay at home mommy
3 days fly back to Utah and work my little heart out with a full cliental waiting for me
Randomly gets calls to go into work here in Cali to take appointments (on call)
Jude:
funny little baby with a fun personality!
So as you can see our lives are so hectic! I can't believe how much I miss Cole!! Ever since Jude was born we have been so lucky to see Cole all of the time...and now it is over :(
Warning: Long, Funny, Story ahead....
Yesterday around 4:00 the power decided to go out! I knew I paid the bill..so I figured it must have been a neighborhood miss-hap, with all of the wild fires and such. So I packed Jude up and decided we would go to Target to get a few things and pass the time. I came home around 5 and the power was STILL OUT! I called Cole and he said to go ask the neighbors if their power was out. I decided to stop by the guest house first (where Gardner and Brandon live) of course they have power!! What the!! 1st of all we are all on one bill and second I thought we where on the same breakers? I called the power company and they said to check the breakers. Okay.....i can do that, I start looking around, can't find them. I call my dad "DAD where in the world would the breakers be on a 1950's home?!!" He tried to help me still nothing. I call Cole...it was one of those things that he thought (and I really did hope) he would come home and walk strait up to them and find them. Now it is 6:30, time to feed Jude..in the dark. Thank goodness my mom just bought me travel food cause all of his food was cold..i couldn't warm it up in the microwave! Cole comes home starts looking around with Gardner..they search both homes inside and out. Now Cole is going a little nutty...for a while I was convinced that this house didn't have breakers. While Cole is tearing the whole house apart I called the power company again...same thing the man said check the breakers, I told him I couldn't find them he said "they are usually behind a door"..that was it. Thanks for the help buddy :( I call my brother-in-law, an electrician...nothing. FINALLY ( I know this is going on and on) Jude and I started to pray...as I am praying flashes of pilgrims are going through my head, I start laughing..I am so pathetic that I could NEVER live without power! I decided to call the power company one more time and just tell them they need to send help. Luckly I get a women this time...sorry to be so prejudice, but women just get things done. She tells me to find the meter..okay easy, right by my front door. She tells me to turn on and off the switch by the meter...there is none. So as I am looking at the meter trying to figure out what she is talking about, she looks up the history of my house and it says the power box is located on the left of the house. I am there...the meter is there but no power box...then by the grace of God I see these painted over hinges....yep a secret door. I open it, cracking the paint job with the door AHHHHH I start screaming "I found it, I found it, I found it!!" I think the women on the phone thought I was crazy. Needless to say we got power....by 8:10pm! This whole time Jude thought it was so fun and funny..I don't know why seeing your parents go crazy is funny, be he did!
Can you guess where it is?
After I broke the paint...
9 comments:
That is so funny! I am glad you found it! And if you ever get bored Dave works all the time too so I would be happy to chat!
LOL! So funny! Good think you put those pics up so we would know you really aren't crazy. :)
. . . and did you have visions of pilgrims or pioneers? LOL
Wow! Way to go! I would have never found that!
that is so funny, that really was hidden. they even put a bird house on it and all. Not a good weekend to have the power go out with it being so stinking hot out. I'm glad all is well now, Next time call me and come over here if something like that happens we are almost always here :)
Yes Ruth..you know me so well....pioneers!!
Oh so hilarious! At least you can feel good about looking for the breakers forever because they were secretly hidden on a door that was painted over! Old houses are so random!
Wow! good find. I would totally have gone crazy too! Luckily for us, our big ugly metal box is right in the middle of the hallway! haha There's no losing that!
OH MY GOSH! I can't believe where it was! I'm so glad you found it! I'm glad that at least Jude found the whole thing funny! :-)
I love this experience. So Funny. I am laughing because I wouldn't have found it either. Thank that woman at the power company. Aloha, Aunt Mili
Post a Comment